With wedding season picking back up, it’s time to start thinking bridal shower and bachelorette gifts, and picking out wedding attire (can’t wait to check out all the new wedding guest dresses for the season 😁). While I start my search for the perfect dresses to share with you guys, I wanted to share a unique bridal shower gift idea that’s perfect for those looking to go rouge from the registry list and gift something a little more sentimental for the married couple to be – a milestone wine basket!
What is it? A way to help the new Mr. & Mrs. celebrate their milestones – from their wedding night all the way to their first anniversary, first fight, house, baby and so forth. Ryan and I had so much fun hand-picking each of the wines so that they correlated perfectly with the milestones they were meant for – we spent at least an hour in the alcohol aisle (now that’s what I call bonding time, haha!).
You can choose which milestones you want to touch on, but it basically serves as a reminder to the couple of all the things they have to look forward to in their life and marriage together. I recently gifted this to our besties and it was a huge hit with not only the bride & groom to be, but also the guests!
What you need:
- Milestone gift tags: You can either make your own, or order them off Amazon – we got these
- One bottle of wine for each milestone: Make sure that you pick out wine that matches with the gift tab – look at the picture and name)
- Basket for the wine: Check the couple’s registry to see if you can use something from the couple’s registry for this – whether it be a laundry basket or some sort of kitchen accessory
- Tissue paper, or some Mr. & Mrs. Hand towels, or bath towels from their registry, for the bottom of the gift basket
- Choose which milestones you want to focus on – we chose: First Big Purchase, First Baby, First Night, First Anniversary and First Fight.
- Pick out wine that correlates with the milestone. Look at the wine labels and specifically the logos, brand name and images to see if any of them would be a fit for the milestones. For example, we choose 19 Crimes for their first fight together.
- Connect the milestone tags with the wine. The tags we ordered off Amazon were wine labels meant to be stuck on the wine bottle, however, I decided to stick them onto construction paper and tie them to the bottles in case the couple wanted to save/date the milestone tags without having to keep the actual bottles.
- Place your tissue paper (or whatever base you chose) into the basket and arrange the wine bottles on top.
- To wrap, get wrapping paper and bunch up at the top like a candy wrapper, securing it with ribbon.
- Carry at the base and be careful because it’s heavy!